Motel property

Motel property
This photo was taken from across the street.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Painting motel neon sign in May 2013

It's been a long time since I wrote on my blog.  It's just that not much is going on.  I went to California for vacation.  Everything in California is green.  It's hard to come back to Colorado, but nothing beats the smell of the trees here in the mountains after a good rain.

While in California I went on a cruise out in the Santa Barbara harbor.  Here are some seals we encountered!  They didn't smell so good being as fish is their diet!  They ones on the green "thing" would not let that guy in the water join them...



Back at the Circle R Motel, we are painting the neon sign.  It's a big project and the weather has not helped much.  Here is before....


Here is after....  Looks great, don't you think?!  Thanks to John who volunteered to do the project.


The river should be great for rafting this summer in Salida.  Fly fishing is good now too.  This is the place to plan a vacation...

1 comment:

  1. It looks so good! I love the sign. So vintage. I love the ocean but it can smell pretty bad sometimes.

    ReplyDelete