Motel property

Motel property
This photo was taken from across the street.

Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving in Salida

It's been a week since Thanksgiving and I wanted to post our photos before now, but I've been busy with this and that.  My daughter came for Thanksgiving but now that she is working, she can't stay as long.   At least she still lives in Colorado so that's good!!



Here is a photo of the dining room table.  Set for three.  After dinner Kendall and Lee drove up to the mountains and cut down our Christmas tree.  I think they were gone for just an hour or less.  The sun was shining and since we have no snow, it was much easier than in years past.


Here is the tree decorated and up.   It's a little too tall so the Angel can't fit up there! 


A lot of the ornaments are home-made.  I painted some when I was addicted to tole painting years ago.  Last year a man here in town made us several glass ornaments. 


 
This is a moose though its kind of hard to tell in this photo.
  

 
Lee wanted a dragon.
 

 
My mom made this angel when she was in a doll club many years ago.   So that's an heirloom.



Okay, I thought I could move the photo above, but maybe I can't.  Still learning the process.  Anyway, that's my Santa I made a few years ago of felt.  His one eye is a tiny bit bigger than the other.  Too many cookies!! 

That's it for now!

Pam


1 comment:

  1. Your tree looks great. I'm sure it smells amazing. Nothing like a fresh cut tree. We finally have ours up. Already Allison has broken 3 ornaments. Sigh. Oh well. Your ornaments are fun.

    ReplyDelete