Motel property

Motel property
This photo was taken from across the street.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Waiting on Winter

It's the day before Thanksgiving and we are still waiting on winter.  I guess it doesn't officially arrive until December 21.  Went for a walk yesterday in my capris.  No gloves and no hat.  Monarch Ski Area was scheduled to open tomorrow, but alas, no snow.  The snowboarders will have to wait. 

So, what have I been up to while I'm waiting for the snowboarders and skiers to arrive?  I have continued on with my quilting projects.

Here is my cowboy boot wall hanging:



And then another row in my "row" quilt.  These are cups incase you couldn't figure that out.  :)  Next row will be leaves:




And for Christmas gifts I have decided to make some ruffle scarves.  They only take one skein and that's about $5 and 30 minutes of my time.  Here's a link to what they look like:

http://www.knitting-warehouse.com/free_knitting_patterns/Coats_Clark/RH_BoutiqueSashay/smokeyswirlscarf.pdf

1 comment: